- Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska are set to star in Richard Ayoadeâ€™s comedy â€œThe Double.â€ The film is inspired by Fyodor Dostoyevskyâ€™s novella of the same title and will begin to shoot in either late spring or early summer in the United Kingdom. The story is about a man driven nearly insane when he encounters his doppelganger.
- Veteran actors Al Pacino, Christopher Walken and Alan Arkin will star in the action comedy â€œStand Up Guysâ€ with director Fisher Stevens. The project was originally known as â€œOld Timersâ€ about two old criminals and one of them was hired to kill his friend. They all decided to live one last night of debauchery, but then faced the old choices made in their lives. The film will shoot in Los Angeles in April.
- Director David Yates and actress Emma Watson will reunite in the drama â€œYour Voice in My Head.â€ The drama is based on the memoir from Emma Forrest about a young woman who attempted suicide, but was saved by a dying psychiatrist. Yates and Watson worked together in the previous four â€œHarry Potterâ€ films.
- Colin Firth will join the cast of â€œDevilâ€™s Knot,â€ a drama based on the infamous West Memphis 3. Firth will play Ron Lax, a private investigator of the defendants, who accused of committing heinous murders of young boys. Firth will join Reese Witherspoon who already joined the project.
- Kate Hudson will headline in the action film â€œEverlyâ€ by Joe Lynch. Hudson will play a woman who defends herself in an apartment from waves of assassins sent by her ex-boyfriend, a mob boss. The film will be introduced to the European Film Market at the Berlin Film Festival next week.
- Gary Oldman is in final talks for Albert Hughes-directed revenge thriller â€œMotor City.â€ The film is about a criminal who was framed from a crime he did not commit. After prison, he seeks revenge against the woman he once loved. The film also stars Dominic Cooper and Amber Heard. The project will start in April in Berlin.
- Gus Van Sant will direct â€œPromised Land,â€ a script written by actors Matt Damon and John Krasinski. Damon and Krasinski will also star in the film about rival greedy corporate executives. The film was originally titled â€œGold Mist,â€ and it will begin production in April.
- John Hawkes will star in the â€œJackie Brownâ€ prequel. He will star opposite to Yaslin Bey in a prequk to Quentin Tarantinoâ€™s â€œJackie Brown. Hawkes and Bey will play the younger versions of Robert De Niro and Samuel L. Jackson. The story is set 15 years before â€œJackie Brownâ€ and is about the careers of Ordell and Louis as they kidnap Mickey Dawson, the wife of a corrupt real estate developer.
Source: Deadline, Variety, and The Hollywood Reporter