Casting, Film Al Pacino, Alan Arkin, Christopher Walken, Colin Firth, David Yates, Devil's Knot, Emma Watson, Everly, Fisher Stevens, Gus Van Sant, Jackie Brown, Jesse Eisenberg, Joe Lynch, John Hawkes, John Krasinski, Kate Hudson, Matt Damon, Mia Wasikowska, Promised Land, Stand Up Guys, The Double, Yaslin Bey, Your Voice in My Head
- Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska are set to star in Richard Ayoade’s comedy “The Double.” The film is inspired by Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novella of the same title and will begin to shoot in either late spring or early summer in the United Kingdom. The story is about a man driven nearly insane when he encounters his doppelganger.
- Veteran actors Al Pacino, Christopher Walken and Alan Arkin will star in the action comedy “Stand Up Guys” with director Fisher Stevens. The project was originally known as “Old Timers” about two old criminals and one of them was hired to kill his friend. They all decided to live one last night of debauchery, but then faced the old choices made in their lives. The film will shoot in Los Angeles in April.
- Director David Yates and actress Emma Watson will reunite in the drama “Your Voice in My Head.” The drama is based on the memoir from Emma Forrest about a young woman who attempted suicide, but was saved by a dying psychiatrist. Yates and Watson worked together in the previous four “Harry Potter” films.
- Colin Firth will join the cast of “Devil’s Knot,” a drama based on the infamous West Memphis 3. Firth will play Ron Lax, a private investigator of the defendants, who accused of committing heinous murders of young boys. Firth will join Reese Witherspoon who already joined the project.
- Kate Hudson will headline in the action film “Everly” by Joe Lynch. Hudson will play a woman who defends herself in an apartment from waves of assassins sent by her ex-boyfriend, a mob boss. The film will be introduced to the European Film Market at the Berlin Film Festival next week.
- Gary Oldman is in final talks for Albert Hughes-directed revenge thriller “Motor City.” The film is about a criminal who was framed from a crime he did not commit. After prison, he seeks revenge against the woman he once loved. The film also stars Dominic Cooper and Amber Heard. The project will start in April in Berlin.
- Gus Van Sant will direct “Promised Land,” a script written by actors Matt Damon and John Krasinski. Damon and Krasinski will also star in the film about rival greedy corporate executives. The film was originally titled “Gold Mist,” and it will begin production in April.
- John Hawkes will star in the “Jackie Brown” prequel. He will star opposite to Yaslin Bey in a prequk to Quentin Tarantino’s “Jackie Brown. Hawkes and Bey will play the younger versions of Robert De Niro and Samuel L. Jackson. The story is set 15 years before “Jackie Brown” and is about the careers of Ordell and Louis as they kidnap Mickey Dawson, the wife of a corrupt real estate developer.
Source: Deadline, Variety, and The Hollywood Reporter