Chris Samnee, Mark Waid
VC - Joe Caramagna
Chris Samnee, Matthew Wilson, Annie Wu, Bengal
Apr 6th, 2016
IT'S S.H.I.E.L.D.'s FUNERAL
• As S.H.I.E.L.D.'s top brass gather to bury one of their own, they make an attractive target.
• Lucky for Maria Hill, the agency's persona non grata, Black Widow, is still watching over them.
• But that could mean Natasha will have a hard time watching her own back!
Mark Waid and Chris Samnee do it again! This time around we get to jump back a little from the action packed first issue and see some of the events that led up to Natasha’s daring escape from the Helicarrier. While S.H.I.E.L.D. bury an agent killed due to the reckless actions of The Black Widow, a deadly mercenary group gets ready to make what appears to be a move on director Mariah Hill but their real target is, you guessed it, Natasha Romanov - The Black Widow! Why do they want her, and how do their plans for her lead into Natasha stealing from S.H.I.E.L.D. ? Well, read the issue! And get ready for another fantastic dose of amazing storytelling from Waid, and more of Samnees incredible artwork! Matthew Wilson continues to heighten the experience with his excellent color work, helping Samnee’s art pop-and-awe in every panel! Make sure Black Widow stays in your pull list so you can find out just what she has gotten herself mixed up in!
- The Hey!: Another issue of strong pacing and mixture of action and exposition.
- The Eh: I’m sure it will be explained but how the mercenary group found out about the grave site is a little farfetched.
- The What?!: Samnee has action perfected! It reads like we are watching Scarlett Johansson beating down bad guys in an Avengers movie!
- Who should read this series?: The series is espionage all the way! Do you enjoy games like splinter cell or movies with mystery? This is for you!
- Why should you buy this book?: Black Widow #2 continues this awesome rollercoaster ride of intrigue and excitement, which will definitely have you wanting to go pick up issue #1 and anything else coming out!