Ivan Reis, Joe Prado, Oscar Jimenez, Paul Pelletier , Tony Kordos [hide...]
Jason Fabok, Brad Anderson, Kim Jung Gi
Apr 6th, 2016
The massive "Darkseid War" continues to set the stages for the future of the DC Universe as they reveal the secrets behind its newest major player: Darkseid's daughter, Grail! And if the Justice League is not careful, the spoils of war will all end up with her! See the truth behind Grail's role in this war and the future of the DC Universe as she tears her way across it.
The Darkseid war continues raging on, although why it’s still called the “Darkseid War” I’m not sure, as by this point I’d say it’s really the Ant-Monitor/Mobius war, but I digress. In this special we get the build up for what will probably be Jessica Cruz’s big heroic moment as Power Ring. We also get the revelation of what Grail is up to and her potential end game, along with more of her back story. The rest of the league sort of take a pass here, as the special really is just centered how Grail came about. It’s slightly interesting and juxtaposes the creation of Wonder Woman, but in the end if you aren’t a diehard fan of this series or a completionist you can skip it and just keep reading the main Justice League series.
- The Hey!: We get the backstory to Grail which is interesting and understand how she and her mother are involved with Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor.
- The Eh: There isn’t much more here. Power Ring gets a moment to shine, but a lot of this feels like filler/exposition that couldn’t make it into the Justice League series so they just went and did a side story special.
- The What?!!: Most the wow moments come from Jessica’s ring and seeing all the previous Power Ring victims.
- Who should read this series?: Anyone who’s really into the Darkseid war and wants the full collection and story.
- Why should you buy this book?: Similar reason as above, if you need to complete the full series or if you just want to know more about one of the antagonist.