Chris Sims, Chad Bowers
VC - Travis Lanham
Apr 13th, 2016
• PONDER: The machinations of the Fenris Twins!
• FEAR: The terror of Alpha Red!
• RELISH: The X-Men of the '90s, back in action!
Ok so I’m really done with this book. I gave it a second shot, tried to see if I could get past the characters that felt nothing like their 90s cartoon counter parts, or even their 90s comic book counter parts and It just doesn’t work. Maybe if this was what x-men forever was meant to be, or if it literally picked up where x-men adventures left off or the last airing episode of the cartoon series-really anything- I might be willing to keep up with this book, but for now I’m done with it. The story from Chris Sims and Chad Bowers is mediocre and feels like they are trying to take 2000’s story arcs and shove them into the 90’s cartoon like era and it just doesn’t work. Jubilee a Vampire? Haven’t we seen this already? Can’t we get something new? Gamemaster having various villains competing to destroy the x-men? Yeah see it, over it. Alti Firmansyah art just does nothing for me either. The characters don’t appear like their animated versions or close to any of the work done in the 90s comics. Instead we get a poorly animated style with characters in the costume of the 90s but that’s about it. The whole thing is just a waste and I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out the series ends after six issues.
- The Hey!: I guess the fact this is the only way to see 90’s like versions of these characters at the moment and that’s sort of cool.
- The Eh: Pretty much everything, the series is just “eh”.
- The What?: I got nothing here.
- Who should read this series?: If you really really really need to get any fix of a 90s x-men, I guess this is it but otherwise no one should read this series.
- Why should you buy this book?: Don’t.