J.K. Rowling sure seems poised to keep expanding her Harry Potter universe. We know she's making her screenwriting debut on the spin off film based on her book Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them, which is set within that world, but now she's surprised fans with a new story on the Pottermore website. It's nothing major, but it's her first published foray into writing about Harry's life after Hogwarts.
The post is done in the style of a gossip piece, and it was "written" by Rita Skeeter- the infamously malicious writer for the Daily Prophet. In it, Rowling gives us a peak at what Harry and company are up to these days.
Here's what up with Dumbledore's Army:
- They were all spotted attending the Quidditch World Cup together.
- Ginny is a reporter, and she's there to cover the game. Skeeter gives an indication that their marriage may be a bit on the rockier side these days.
- Harry has a new scar on his face. This time it's on his cheek. Comes with the territory, of course, when you work as an Auror for the Ministry of Magic- which Harry has been doing. Harry's pushing 34 and "there are a couple of threads of silver in the famous Auror's black hair, but he continues to wear the distinctive round glasses that some might say are better suited to a style-deficient twelve-year-old," says Skeeter.
- Poor Ron. He, too, worked for the Ministry but has now wound up as a co-manager for his brothers' magic shop.
- Hermione, ever the over-achiever, is working her way up the ranks of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement- where she's currently a Deputy.
- Lune Lovegood is still a space cadet, and Neville Longbottom is now a professor of Herbology at Hogwarts.
If you're interested to see if Rowling intends to post more stories like these, I suggest you head on over to Pottermore and register with the site.
Nice to know what the old gang is up to.
Quisque iaculis facilisis lacinia. Mauris euismod pellentesque tellus sit amet mollis.