JoBlo has just published a scoop that should be of interest to fans of the TRANSFORMERS franchise. They claim to have gotten their hands on some exclusive story details for TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, and some of what they’ve uncovered is pretty darn interesting.
Before proceeding, be aware…possible *SPOILERS* lie ahead!
Here’s a rundown of what they found out about TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT:
- Optimus Prime will be front and center, though Bumblebee, Hound, Crosshairs, and Drift will all be back as well
- Bumblebee will be more of a leader this time, as some of the plot revolves around Optimus Prime being off-planet on a solo mission
- His mission brings him to his home planet, Cybertron, which is essentially dead
- He finds out that he was indirectly responsible for killing it
- He figures out that he can restore Cybertron to life if he had access to a particular artifact
- That artifact is…you guessed it…on earth
- The artifact has ties to Merlin, the mythical, legendary wizard from the tales of King Arthur!
- Merlin was given the gift of magic by a Transformer during one of their visits to earth
- JoBlo speculates the artifact could have something to do with King Arthur’s iconic sword: Excaliber
- Great Britain will factor in a big way in TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, which is likely why Sir Anthony Hopkins was brought on board- possibly voice an English transformer like The Creator, Cogman, or Squeaks
- Cogman will be an Aston Martin, while Squeaks will be a Vespa
- The Creator will have ties to the very origins of the Transformers as we know them
- The film’s central villain will be Megatron, who will be back in all his glory, and will have an alternate mode that turns him into a jet fighter.
Some of this sounds pretty far out, but it definitely seems like the team behind TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT wants to take fans to new and interesting places.
What do you think?
TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT comes out on June 23, 2017 (My birthday! My gift to myself will be…not seeing this!)