Chris Sims, Chad Bowers
VC – Travis Lanham
Apr 13th, 2016
â€¢ PONDER: The machinations of the Fenris Twins!
â€¢ FEAR: The terror of Alpha Red!
â€¢ RELISH: The X-Men of the ’90s, back in action!
Ok so Iâ€™m really done with this book. I gave it a second shot, tried to see if I could get past the characters that felt nothing like their 90s cartoon counter parts, or even their 90s comic book counter parts and It just doesnâ€™t work. Maybe if this was what x-men forever was meant to be, or if it literally picked up where x-men adventures left off or the last airing episode of the cartoon series-really anything- I might be willing to keep up with this book, but for now Iâ€™m done with it. The story from Chris Sims and Chad Bowers is mediocre and feels like they are trying to take 2000â€™s story arcs and shove them into the 90â€™s cartoon like era and it just doesnâ€™t work. Jubilee a Vampire? Havenâ€™t we seen this already? Canâ€™t we get something new? Gamemaster having various villains competing to destroy the x-men? Yeah see it, over it. Alti Firmansyah art just does nothing for me either. The characters donâ€™t appear like their animated versions or close to any of the work done in the 90s comics. Instead we get a poorly animated style with characters in the costume of the 90s but thatâ€™s about it. The whole thing is just a waste and I wouldnâ€™t be surprised if we find out the series ends after six issues.
- The Hey!: I guess the fact this is the only way to see 90â€™s like versions of these characters at the moment and thatâ€™s sort of cool.
- The Eh: Pretty much everything, the series is just â€œehâ€.
- The What?: I got nothing here.
- Who should read this series?: If you really really really need to get any fix of a 90s x-men, I guess this is it but otherwise no one should read this series.
- Why should you buy this book?: Donâ€™t.