Yesterday, Jammer shared a report with you about Hugh Jackman teasing big things for Wolverine III this week. This morning, that tease began to bear fruit.
We've now got an official title for you, and some fascinating script details thanks to tweets by Jackman and director James Mangold.
Let's start with the title. This morning, Jackman tweeted out this image:
As you can see, this poster mock-up reveals that the film will actually be called Logan. This comes after months of speculation: Would it be called Wolverine III? How about The Wolverine: Weapon X? Or what about Old Man Logan? Now we know for sure that the flick is called, simply, Logan.
Also this morning, Mangold tweeted out page two of the script for Logan, which contained some fascinating insights:
- The R-rating means we'll get some good ol' fashioned swearing from our boy Logan
- Unlike some of its other X-Men predecessors, Mangold wants to fill this film with life-and-death stakes. People will die, and it won't be cute or neutered in its execution
- Logan's healing powers are fading, and he lives in constant pain
- He's an alcoholic
- Logan won't be the invulnerable, indestructible force we're used to. Mangold says we should "Go ahead and worry about him"
- There's a chance Logan may not survive this film, as he seems to have trouble fighting some low-level street thugs in this first scene. He's a shell of himself
Logan, Jackman's swan song as Wolverine, will hit theaters on March 3, 2017.
So what do you think of these revelations? Sound off!