Ryan Ottley, Kelsey Shannon
Apr 6th, 2016
The sold out black and white cult hit is back, now in full color! Followed by all-new issues that continue the bloody adventures of the worldâ€™s most feared animal, the Grizzly Shark!
Every once in awhile a comic book comes along that is so magical, so thrilling and engaging that you just have to read it so many times your eyes bleed out of your head and you fall over dead, smiling. Grizzlyshark might not be that book, but depending on your level of depravity and love of sharkweek, it just might come close! Birthed from ajoke made by Ryan Ottley, Grizzlyshark is a remake of the original one-off special he did 2010 with Jason Howard (Sea Bear), except now it sports full colors from Ivan Plascencia and I gotta say, it looks great! The whole concept is just meant to be a silly joke, but itâ€™s so over the top that it works! Think of it like a funnier Sharknado for comic books! One thing is for certain, after reading this you will be afraid to go into the woods!
- The Hey!: Fun, silly dialogue and story with some fantastic cartoony artwork by Ottley and great colors by Plascencia.
- The Eh: It can easily be a turn-off to those who really want at least some reality (see not ridiculous) material in their books.
- The What?: Pretty much every scene Grizzlyshark eats someone. Its awesome.
- Who should buy this book?: If you never got the special one off Seabear & Grizzlyshark back in 2010 definitely pick up this version in its full color glory!
- Why should you read this series?: Well itâ€™s about a shark that lives in the woods and swims through the trees in a forest. Ummmâ€¦awesome! Also Ottley promises there will be more coming!
Score : B+