Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff and Florence Pugh as Yelena in Marvel Studios’ BLACK WIDOW. Photo by Jay Maidment. ©Marvel Studios 2020. All Rights Reserved.
With Black Widow still in theaters and passing $300 million worldwide at the box office, Disney announced the Marvel film will arrive early digitally followed by the release of 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD a month later.
The stand-alone comic book hero movie garnered plenty of critic and audience praise as it opened to one of the biggest box office draws this year. Not to mention, it is the first film of Marvel’s Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Marvel fans will adore never-before-seen bonus footage, including nine deleted scenes, bloopers, and featurettes.
Here’s the official synopsis for:
In Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller Black Widow, Natasha Romanoff – aka Black Widow – confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger.
Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow, Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour portrays Alexei/The Red Guardian, and Rachel Weisz is Melina. Cate Shortland directed the film with Kevin Feige as producer.
ALSO CHECK OUT: Pixar’s Luca Packs Tons of Bonus Features In Its 4K Ulta HD, Blu-ray, and DVD Release
Here are the bonus features:
- Bloopers – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew.
- Deleted scenes
- Grocery Shopping – Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
- Bike Chase – Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
- Gulag Fight – Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
- Smile – The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
- Come After Me – Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
- Walk and Talk – Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
- Widows in Training – Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
- Kiss – Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
- Ohio – Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
- Filmmaker Introduction Featurette – Director Cate Shortland introduces the film and her vision for it.
- Sisters Gonna Work It Out Featurette – Watch Scarlett and Florence as they train, fight, and bond to become the sister duo in Black Widow. Listen as the cast and crew discuss the characters, rigorous training, and building the dynamic between the two fearsome siblings.
- Go Big If You’re Going Home Featurette – Step back to appreciate the size and scale of the Black Widow solo film. Shot around the world, the film balances family and drama with mind-blowing action. The cast and crew reveal the intricacies of stunts that made the film so action-packed.
Black Widow releases digitally on August 10. Then it is followed with 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on September 14.
Source: Disney Media & Entertainment