If you were a fan of the recently-released film, IT (and let’s face it, a lot of folks were), then you may be excited to hear that the upcoming Blu-ray release has more than its fair share of deleted scenes and extras.
The novel on which it is based clocks in at well over 1,000 pages in length, and with that in mind, there is a lot that would undoubtedly have to be cut out of the film for the sake of time alone (among other things). Well, it looks like someone over at the Blu-Ray.com forums has managed to get a hold of the upcoming release, and they shared an extensive list and description of the scenes that were cut from the film.
In total, these scenes last over 15 minutes, a not insubstantial length. Check out the descriptions below:
“Georgie Catches Boat (Opening Gag Scene)”: When Georgie grabs for the boat in the opening…he gets it and walks away, saying “See you later!” to a frustrated Pennywise. Gotta admit, I laughed.
– “Stanley’s Dad corrects him (Extended scene)”: Stanley is reciting Hebrew in a synagogue, but his Dad jumps in to correct his pronunciation.
– “Denbrough family dinner”: Bill sits at the dinner table while his Dad reads a magazine and his Mum washes up. Bill starts talking about their family trip for the year, but his Mum walks off upset. His Dad explains that Georgie was really looking forward to it.
– “Bill’s Dad looks in the basement, et all”: After Bill has his encounter with Pennywise in the basement, he runs into his father. His Dad has a look in the basement, doesn’t find anything, and tells Bill to go to bed. Meanwhile, Henry tries to sneak out past his Dad, and gets into a car with Victor and Belch. They see Mike ride past on his bike.
– “Outside the Neibolt house”: Mike, Beverly, Ben and Stanley are outside the house while Bill, Eddie and Richie are inside. Stanley talks about not being able to go inside while Mike comforts him. Ben places his hand on Beverly’s shoulder.
– “Evacuating the Neibolt house (Extended scene)”: Just an extended scene of the Losers’ Club leaving the house and getting on their bikes.
– “Stanley’s Bar Mitzvah speech”: Self-explanatory. Stanley delivers a speech after his Bar Mitzvah about “indifference,” during which there’s a brief montage showing what the other kids are up to. He makes a bit of a scene and storms off while Richie claps.
– “Eddie at Keene’s pharmacy (Extended scene)”: Just an extended scene at the pharmacy as Eddie talks to the girl who signs his cast with “Loser.”
– “Henry and Bullies wait outside (Extended scene)”: As the Losers’ Club heads into the Neibolt house, Henry sits in his car with his face covered in blood. Belch and Victor are dead with throats slit.
– “The Losers find Georgie’s walkie”: Bill picks up Georgie’s walkie right before Henry attacks Mike at the top of the well.
– “Denbrough family vacation”: After saying goodbye to Beverly at the end of the movie, Bill and his parents are packing for the family vacation Bill was talking about in an earlier deleted scene. This subplot does kind of enhance the family dynamic. As the car drives away, the camera pulls in to the drain where Georgie was taken. Camera stops, and rain starts to hit the pavement. This would have been a perfect final shot.
What do you think of these deleted scenes? Are they best left on the cutting room floor, or do you wish at least some of these had made the final cut? Let us know your thoughts down below!
Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.