After Michael’s failed escape plan, where does this leave the group? Read below to find out the key takeaways from this week’s episode of Prison Break:
1. Michael Has a Contingency Plan…Of Course — Michael was stuck in solitary confinement for four years while in the Yemen prison. He made a contingency plan in his cell during that time, only Abu Ramal now occupies that cell…Michael uses his plan as leverage for Ramal as the attacks from ISIL get closer. Michael has always had contingency plans for contingency plans, and that is no different in Season 5. Regaining Ramal’s trust was the difficult part, but Michael did so and continued to use leverage over him in order to hopefully gain safe passage out of the country.
2. Michael’s Cellmate (Whip) Knows Who Poseidon Is — It happened quickly, but Whip made a subtle comment to Michael about Poseidon coming for them. He knows who the mystery person is. Could he be in there with Michael on purpose? Viewers found out that he was in Ogygia for murder (although he claims self-defense), but the way he took down Abu Ramal seemed to be done with ease. He’s going to be more than an “average” guy who killed someone in self-defense. He has obviously had some type of training if he could easily disarm an ISIL leader. What will his standing be now that he killed Ramal when Michael was sent by Poseidon to retrieve him?
3. Poseidon is a Person — Kellmerman tells T-Bag that Poseidon is indeed an individual who is incredibly elusive, which is how he gained the alias. He is a rogue CIA Agent without a network. Kellerman tells T-Bag that Poseidon probably wants Ramal free in order to use him against his enemies (other countries such as Russia, etc.). This reminded me of Season 4 when Michael’s mother, Christina, tries to start a war between countires sot hat she could increase to bidding price of Scylla.
4. Sara’s Husband is Part of Poseidon — I had called last week that Sara’s husband, Scott, was in on Poseidon. He had been shot…in the leg…,wasn’t surprised when he found out Michael was alive, then was upset Sara was looking in to who hacked her phone. I do not think he is Poseidon, but he is highly involved. Even though Poseidon is oneperson, I still feel like it is reflective of the role of The General and the rest of the people are like the company. Who is Poseidon? I think it is going to be someone that the followers of Prison Break will recognize…
5. Kellerman — For as much as I have hated, then liked, then hated, then liked Kellerman, I was sad to see him killed off…or was he? Yes, it looked like he was shot point blank in the face, but Kellerman seemed to make the gunman think about what he was doing due to the fact that he could empathize with him. We have previously thought Sara was decapitated in Season 3, and they didn’t show the body/head. Could the same be done here? Could Kellerman still be involved?
It looks as if viewers will get more answers next week now that Linc and Michael have been reunited. Also, what is going to happen with Poseidon now that Abu Ramal has been killed? Does he now not have any use for Michael? We will have to wait another week to see if we get any more answers!
What’d you think of this week’s episode? Where does the group go from here? Why did Michael choose to take on this mission? Who do you think Poseidon is? Leave your thoughts in the usual spot, and thanks for reading!