As much as we love those wonderful, shiny schedules Marvel, DC, Fox, and Sony all give us for their upcoming films, they’re hardly set in stone. Fox had to recently nix FANTASTIC FOUR 2 from their schedule, and a bit further back, Sony went and wiped their AMAZING SPIDER-MAN slate clean after the second film disappointed. DC’s schedule currently seems to be in flux, and even Marvel tends to shift, add, and push back movies on their schedule, despite their stellar track record.
Well, it sounds like we’re likely to get another big change. In an interview with Collider, Marvel head Kevin Feige pretty much alluded to the fact that they’ll be pushing INHUMANS down their schedule.
“KF: Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added ANT-MAN AND THE WASP, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that itâ€™s on right now. How far down it shuffles, Iâ€™m not sure yet.
Collider: But itâ€™s not a matter of â€œtheyâ€™re already doing that on TV, weâ€™re not doing it?â€
KF: No, Itâ€™s a question of when.”
Has the film been pushed yet? No. But don’t be surprised if they do so in the coming months. Here’s the Marvel schedule as it stands.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR â€“ May 6, 2016
- DOCTOR STRANGE â€“ November 4, 2016
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 â€“ May 5, 2017
- Untitled Spider-Man Reboot â€“ July 7, 2017
- THOR: RAGNAROK â€“ November 3, 2017
- BLACK PANTHER â€“ February 16, 2018
- AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR – PART 1 â€“ May 4, 2018
- ANT-MAN AND THE WASP â€“ July 6, 2018
- CAPTAIN MARVEL â€“ March 6, 2018
- AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR – PART 2 â€“ May 3, 2019
- INHUMANS â€“ July 12, 2019
What are your thoughts on Marvel potentially pushing the INHUMANS film? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the side of this page.