At a time when many civilized film fans would love to see the TRANSFORMERS franchise wind down, the Paramount Pictures production only seems to be getting bigger. With a storyline that involves outer space, possible time travel, and the incorporation of the legendary King Arthur mythos, as well as a cast that includes faces both new and old from the previous four entries, it’s clear that TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT is brimming with ambition.
A new super-sized poster in Times Square billboard gives us a good look at some of what’s in store for us when TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT comes out next year:
A few things that jump out from this TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT billboard:
- It looks like Optimus Prime will be facing off against a three-headed foe that looks like something out of a GODZILLA movie
- While a portion of the plot is rumored to be set in space, it’s clear that there will be plenty of earthbound mayhem, as you get a glimpse of a destroyed Chicago
- That sword, which is said to be linked to King Arthur’s “Excalibur,” is going to feature in a major way
- The film’s human stars (Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson)- which usually feature in some way in the posters- are taking a total backseat in this one
- There’s a tattered Decepticon flag
- Alien ships are coming out of the skies!
Lots to digest here, if you’re a TRANSFORMERS fan.
TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, directed by Michael Bay, comes out on June 23, 2017.