After a month long campaign of promoting the release of Deadpool 2 the day has finally come for our favorite Merc With A Mouth comes to our homes. The release of the “Super Duper Cut” has been hyped for two months with an over the top promotional tour that some movies would love to have. With a Hall H panel and special screening at San Diego Comic-Con the expectations were high for a movie that already was successful in theaters. After going through both versions of the movie and all the bonus content I was able to come up with five reasons why you should by the Deadpool 2 “Super Duper Cut”.
- Unlike traditional director cuts or extended cuts where an extra 15 to 20 minutes means two or three added scenes, the Super Duper Cut adds depth to the entire movie. The extra 15 minutes in the Super Duper Cut is spread out so much throughout the movie that there are over 50 subtle additions. For those of you who have saw Deadpool 2 in theaters you will be able to notice all the difference.
- The tone of the movie changes with the Super Duper Cut. After watching both versions of the movie, the Super Duper Cut makes the sequel feel like more of a comedy than the theatrical version. Scenes with Josh Brolin’s Cable are now given a lighter tone with extended dialogue. you’ll see more violence, more graphic stabbings, more blood, more nudity (including an oddly digitally pixellated male private area), and more shots of characters flipping each other off.
- The bonus content that includes Deadpool’s “Fun Sack” which is all the unique trailers, viral videos and appearances Reynolds made in character to promote the movie gives you hours of hilarious Deadpool antics to watch over and over.
- There are multiple featurettes that range from Brolin free-riffing in his makeup chair for three minutes to a spotlight on blink-and-you’ll-miss-him character cameo Omega Red. You will also notice throughout the Super Duper Cut and featurettes the constant references to Hugh Jackman making an appearance in a future Deadpool movie.
- The baby Adolph Hitler scene is hilarious! Make sure to watch the end credits scene (it’s a two-part scene…wait unto the very end of the credits for the true resolution).
You can order your own copy of the Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut Here.
The sequel to the first one! (That’s just lazy writing)
But wait…there’s more! If your second time wasn’t enough, your second, second time will blow you away. The Deadpool 2 Super Duper [email protected]%!#& Cut gives you even more of everyone’s favorite red-spandexed superhero now with 15 minutes of brand-new action and jokes lovingly inserted throughout. That’s a whole lotta D in a surprisingly small package!