-->

– by Seth McDonald

 

The Phantom Thread director Paul Thomas Anderson says he occasionally watches Netflix, but has never paid for the streaming service.

In a recent interview with The Playlist, the Oscar-nominated director talked about how he skips out on the Netflix bill:

“The thing I like about Netflix is I’ve never paid for a day of Netflix in my life, I just have someone else’s account and their password. It’s free! Which is great. Which makes me wonder, how they hell are they paying for all these expensive movies? I’ve never paid them once.”

RELATED: Trailer Hits For Daniel Day-Lewis’ Last Film, Phantom Thread

Well, Mr. Anderson, maybe you should put up some money because Netflix is currently in what some would call massive debt (albeit intentionally, in order to pay for extra content).

Netflix is great though, I say that even taking into account that I have no interest in watching about 80 percent of the content on there, but the remaining 20 percent is worth the subscription fee for me.

Anderson has always been a unique filmmaker, he can take some of the oddest stories and make them Oscar worthy (the director has received six nominations) and interesting. His next film, Phantom Thread, will be set in 1950’s London and follow a famous dressmaker. The film is set to be released on Christmas Day, and stars the great (and soon to be legendary) Daniel Day-Lewis . The film is said to be Day-Lewis’ last film.

Do you pay for Netflix, or do you have other arrangements? Let us know in the comments down below!

Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.

Source: The Playlist (via CinemaBlend)