Sonic the Hedgehog has turned the home viewership party from a sprint into a marathon.
During this pandemic, home viewing remains strong as theaters across America are slowly welcoming their audiences back.
According to The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) “Watched at Home Top 20,” it marked Sonic the Hedgehog as the top film for four straight weeks as most viewed and purchased for home viewing.
The rest of the top five includes The Invisible Man, The Hunt, Birds of Prey: Harley Quinn, and Bad Boys for Life. The Hunt was the new entrant this previous week by making its debut in the third position.
Two other films also make their debut on the Top 20 list are the classic Gone with the Wind and the television show Yellowstone: Season One. The interest of Gone with the Wind has increased this past week after HBO Max announced its temporary removal from its streaming service due to slavery themes in the film and in response to the Black Lives Matter movement.
Rick and Morty: Season Four, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War and Harry Potter complete collection dropped from the Top 20 list.
DEG compiles the “Watched at Home Top 20” list with the most widely consumed titles on disc and digital from the previous week (except for outside subscription-based streaming platforms). The current list is compiled for June 18.
Check out the full “Watched at Home Top 20” list below:
- Sonic the Hedgehog – Paramount (Previous: #1)
- The Invisible Man – Universal (Previous: #2)
- The Hunt – Universal (Previous: NR)
- Birds of Prey: Harley Quinn – WB (Previous: #3)
- Bad Boys for Life – Sony (Previous: #4)
- Jumanji: The Next Level – Sony (Previous: #5)
- Bloodshot – Sony (Previous: #6)
- The Call of the Wild – Disney (Previous: #8)
- 1917 – Universal (Previous: #12)
- Gone with the Wind – WB (Previous: NR)
- Fantasy Island – Sony (Previous: #7)
- The Gentleman – STX/Universal (Previous: #11)
- Onward – Disney (Previous: #9)
- Spies in Disguise – Fox (Previous: #13)
- Dolittle – Universal (Previous: #14)
- Ford v Ferrari – Fox (Previous: #16)
- Yellowstone: Season One – Paramount (Previous: NR)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars: Season Five – MTV (Previous: #15)
- Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker – Disney (Previous: #18)
- Knives Out – Lionsgate (Previous: #19)
Which of these films and television shows are you planning to check out this weekend? Sound off below and let us know!