So you thought you heard it all? Think again. Man-child complaints are no new thing to Star Wars, and in recent years, those cries have amplified with the recently-released films. Some fans have lamented the fact that the leads in all three films so far have been female, and take special umbrage with the importance of women in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Well, one fan went off the deep end and figured the solution was to make a “De-Feminized Fanedit” of the movie. Here’s what the description of the cut says on The Pirate Bay.
“Basically The Last Jedi minus Girlz Powah and other silly stuff.
It would probably be easier to make a list of things that were kept instead of things that were changed. Hardly any scene got away without cuts.
The resulting movie is (wait for it …) 46 minutes long.
Yeah I know, it’s not ideal. It’s made from a CAM source (the most recent HDTC one with the Asian hard subs, which is pretty watchable). It has issues. But it had to be done.
You will probably enjoy it most when you view it less as a blockbuster movie and more as some kind of episode from some non-existent mediocre Star Wars series.”
If you don’t want to waste your time (or endanger your computer’s safety) by downloading the cut, the editor was kind enough to give a list of all the major changes.
“- No whiny/reluctant/murderous psycho Luke.
– NO HALDO! She simply doesn’t exist. Her whole subplot doesn’t exist. The Kamikaze is carried out by Poe. ( = Poe dies.)
– Leia never scolds, questions nor demotes Poe.
– Lea dies. Kylo kills her.
– Kylo is more badass and much less conflicted and volatile.
– Kylo takes on more of Snoke’s guards, Rey struggles with a single one.
– No bomber heroism by china girl in the beginning.
– No Canto Bight.
– No superpowered Rey.
– Luke is not a semi-force-ghost and is smashed by the first laser cannon shot. (sorry, I just had to!)
– Phasma is finished after the first blow by Finn. (Women are naturally weaker than men, she isn’t force-sensitive, and we know nothing about any exo-skeleton in her suit)
– Asian chick speaks less, doesn’t bully Finn, Finn doesn’t try to escape, she is never formally introduced. She is just there and occasionally smiles at Finn or screams “Finn!”. She has no sister. Serves her right for all the heinous stuff she did.
– Lots of little cuts reducing the number of female facial shots. Too many to count. (Pun intended.)
– Quite a few scenes rearranged so that the flow of the shortened movie is still somewhat coherent.”
Sadly, if you were hoping for a cut that was at least entertaining to watch, it’s worth mentioning that because the film isn’t out yet, they couldn’t even get DVD-level footage, so yeah. It doesn’t look very good.
And, if you’re like us, you likely thought this was a big joke. Sadly, we found the file on The Pirate Bay, and it isn’t. Apparently, someone out there thought this was a cut that fans truly needed.
But what do you think? Can a 46-minute cut that diminishes the importance of female characters truly — okay, nevermind, that’s a dumb question. What do you think of this stupid cut? Let us know your thoughts down below!
Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.