The Empire Strikes Back turned 40 this year To celebrate the film’s big 4-0, the book From a Certain Point of View is a collection of stories that happened during the same time as the events of The Empire Strikes Back.
This is a cool idea with a clever title that is calls back to one of the more famous quotes from the film. While the events of the film were likely the most exciting that went down during the time period. There is so much to explore that fans would love. Judging by some of the chapters, it appears Disney was very open to unusual ideas. These sorts of side projects that sort of back up what is already canon. While I have many, many complaints about Disney this is one aspect of the Mouse owning Star Wars that I commend them for. Another is the most recent rides at their theme parks.
Below you can find a list of the chapter titles as well as the author.
- Eyes Of The Empire – Kiersten White
- Hunger – Mark Oshiro
- Ion Control – Emily Skrutskie
- A Good Kiss – C.B. Lee
- She Will Keep Them Warm – Delilah S. Dawson
- Heroes Of The Rebellion – Amy Radcliffe
- Rogue Two – Gary Whitta
- Kendal – Charles Yu
- Against All Odds – R.F. Kuang
- Beyond Hope – Michael Moreci
- The Truest Duty – Christie Golden
- A Naturalist On Hoth – Hank Green
- The Dragonsnake Saves R2-D2 – Katie Cook
- For The Last Time – Beth Revis
- Rendezvous Point – Jason Fry
- The Final Order – Seth Dickenson
- Amara Kel’s Rules For TIE Pilot Survival (Probably) – Django Wexler
- The First Lesson – Jim Zub
- Disturbance – Mike Chen
- This Is No Cave – Catherynne M. Valente
- Lord Vader Will See You Now – John Jackson Miller
- Vergence – Tracy Deonn
- Tooth and Claw – Michael Kogge
- Stet! – Daniel Jose Older
- Wait For It – Zoraida Cordova
- Standard Imperial Procedure – Sarwat Chadda
- There Is Always Another – Mackenzi Lee
- Fake It Till You Make It – Cavan Scott
- But What Does He Eat? – S.A. Chakraborty
- Beyond The Clouds – Lilliam Rivera
- No Time For Poetry – Austin Walker
- Bespin Escape – Martha Wells
- Faith In An Old Friend – Brittany N. Williams
- Due On Batuu – Rob Hart
- Into The Clouds – Karen Strong
- The Witness – Adam Christopher
- The Man Who Built Cloud City – Alexander Freed
- The Backup Backup Plan – Anne Toole
- Right-Hand Man – Lydia King
- The Whills Strike Back – Tom Angleberger
A description of each chapter can be found at Star Wars Books. A couple of samples can be found below.
22 – "What's in there?"
"Only what you take with you."
— Star Wars Books (@DelReyStarWars) October 6, 2020
From A Certain Point of View is a great way to honor what many consider to be the best Star Wars film of all-time, as well as one of the greatest films ever in general. I am one of those fans who hold Empire in high regard, it is the best. Don’t let that Dark Lord Darth Jammer twist your minds otherwise.
I wish I could have played in this sandbox and contributed a chapter, but I was simply too busy. The fact that Disney didn’t ask me and has no idea who I am really hurt my chances of being a part of this project.
From A Certain Point of View becomes available on November 10, 2020.
Someone should have adapted the following video for a chapter.
Does this book interest you? Let us know in the comments down below!
Continue the LRM Online conversation on Discord by CLICKING HERE!
Have you checked out LRM Online’s official podcast feed yet The LRM Online Podcast Network? This includes our flagship podcast Los Fanboys, our premiere podcast Breaking Geek Radio: The Podcast, GeekScholars Movie News, and our morning show LRMornings. Check it out by listening below. It’s also available on all your favorite podcast apps!