When Covid shut down Disney parks last year it marked the temporary pause of the after-hour party’s as well. The most popular events at Disney World were the Halloween and Christmas Parties that guests could attend for an additional cost. It was announced earlier this year that Disney’s After Hours Boo Bash will be replacing the Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party. Although the announcement was exciting for most fans the lack of details was concerning, to say the least.
Also Check Out: What To Watch This Summer On Disney Plus
Disney Parks released in greater detail what will be included in the after-hours bash that you can check out below. The announcement was met with mixed reviews among Disney Parks enthusiasts, to say the least.
“Disney After Hours Boo Bash” will take place select nights Aug. 10 – Oct. 31, 2021, from 9 p.m. to midnight. Spooky fun for the whole family will include:
- Special cavalcades full of characters popping up throughout the night including “Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade” featuring Mickey Mouse and friends dressed for the occasion. In the “Disney Villains Halloween Cavalcade,” villains will take to the street and celebrate their favorite time of the year. “Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade” will feature Jack Skellington, Sally, and Oogie Boogie riding down the parade path to “This Is Halloween.” Maleficent will also make an appearance in the form of a fire-breathing dragon.
- Favorite friends lurking about, from the lovely Miss Carlotta at the Haunted Mansion to Goofy and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their Halloween best, with other surprise guests spotted across the park. Guests can also stop and listen to the Cadaver Dans during performances on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Complimentary snacks such as ice cream novelties and popcorn, along with select beverages included in event admission.
- Less wait times at 20 attractions including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion attraction, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- A variety of specialty food and drinks available for purchase.
- Apple Ginger Dale, apple cider mixed with ginger ale and topped with whipped cream
- Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake**
- Disney PhotoPass available to capture magical and spooky shots throughout the night.
Tickets start at $129 – $139, plus tax for August/September nights and $159 – $169, plus tax for October nights, and $199, plus tax for Halloween.
While some outlets will say this is completely different from the previous Halloween party, in reality, the changes are subtle. There will still be trick or treating for children during the party and it will be very limited to the number of tickets they sell. The biggest change of course is the price of admission, hours of operation, and no photographs with special Halloween Disney characters (which I understand because of Covid restrictions).
As a Disney Dad that goes to the parks regularly I was really torn about these new announcements. I am really excited about the after-hours parties’ return because they are a favorite for my family, but the price and times are a little disheartening. I knew that prices would be increasing with the shift in Covid but for a family of four to spend an average of $600 to go to the Magic Kingdom to go trick or treating at night for a couple of hours is a little much. The party starting at 9:00 pm and ending at midnight is hard also for families with little kids that normally aren’t up that late.
My advice to anyone on the fence is if you have never gone before to the Halloween after-party and the time doesn’t bother you then by all means go, you will have a blast. If you are concerned about price or time like me then I would suggest going to the Magic Kingdom during normal operating hours for around the same price. The park will still be decorated in its festive theme and there will be enough souveniers and candy to get for your kids. This will allow you to spend a full day at the park without having to rush through everything late at night.
If you are excited and can’t wait to go to Disney’s After Hour Boo Bash you can get your tickets on June 15 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240.