While the film underperformed at the box-office, Solo: A Star Wars Story was enjoyed by many fans. Disney announced today that the film will be coming to Digital HD on September 14, and will be available on Blu-Ray and DVD September 25. As with all home releases, this one will have many special features. You can check what all is included below.
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable — Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie — See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan — Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together. Remaking the Millennium Falcon –Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia — Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist — Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 — Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run –Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park — In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
- And Deleted Scenes:
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
While all of these features interest me to some extent, the most interesting one to me is the roundtable with Ron Howard and the cast. Though we probably won’t get the good gossip from the film’s troubled production we are likely to get at least a little more insight on the matter. And hopefully someone, somewhere is working on an independant documentary about the production. Other featurettes that grab my attention is the Millennium Falcon and train heist featurettes.
Solo: A Star Wars Story was a fun and worthy entry into the Star Wars universe, it wasn’t perfect but I definitely enjoyed it more than The Last Jedi.
What do you think of the special features for the Solo Blu-Ray? Let us know in the comments down below!
Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.
Source: Star Wars